All submissions must be suitable for a general audience. We’re looking for works that celebrate our theme of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer’s Night’s Dream. Inspirations could include love, waking and dreaming, reality and illusion, faeries and Athenians which are woven through the play and we want to see your take on the characters and themes of this timeless comedy.
Art and Ad Submissions
Submissions should be at 300 DPI in full color. CYMK color preferred, though we will accept grayscale art as well. Conbook page size is 5.5 x 8.5 (half letter) this year, though we can reduce the size of artwork to fit the page. Smaller art is accepted as well, lots of images make a great book!
For your submission, remember:
- Resolution should be 300 dpi but cannot exceed 6000x6000 pixels
- Files should be no larger than 10MB
- CMYK color and grayscale versions should be submitted
Full-page submissions should include at least 0.25" bleed space on all sides
Ad sizes are as follows. All prices are in Canadian Dollars(CAD):
- Business Card - 2.0" x 3.5" - $25
- Quarter Page Vertical - 4.5" x 3.5" - $45
- Quarter Page Horizontal - 2.25" x 6.5" - $45
- Half Page Vertical - 9.0" x 3.5" - $85
- Half Page Horizontal - 5" x 8.5" - $85
- Full Page - 11" x 8.5" - $160
If you are submitting an ad, you will be contacted by our publications lead after we’ve verified your ad submission is valid, and you will be sent a PayPal link for payment.
These should be suitable for a general audience, and no more than 2000 words in length, though shorter is great too. We're looking for well-written fiction pieces, preferably with well developed plot and characters for the length of the piece. Submissions should be sent in .txt format if at all possible, allowing for ease of formatting when laid out
For story submissions, remember:
- No more than 2000 words in length - the shorter, the better.
- Well-developed plot and characters given the length
- Acceptable formats: .TXT, .RTF, .DOC, & .DOCX