7551 Westminster Highway
Richmond, British Columbia
A Message from the Board
To the VancouFur Community,
For many years, we’ve heard your voices in the form of tweets, emails, hisses, scritches, barks and meows. VancouFur Staff and the BC Anthropomorphic Events Association have read and heard every form of feedback, and in turn, have discussed them. The responses we get have helped shape VancouFur into what it is today and in 2019 we aim to impress you even further.
VancouFur 2018 held a record-breaking number of attendees, pushing us past the 1,000 attendee milestone. One of the most common comments from you has been about a desire for a larger venue. Going forward, we are proud and excited to welcome everyone to our new, larger home at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel in 2019.
A quick peek at why the Sheraton is awesome:
- Bigger convention rooms! - Main Theatre Room, Dealers Den, some panel rooms too.
- Updated guest rooms! - Queen size beds, for the extra cuddle space!
- Centralized compact layout! - No more getting lost! Shorter travel time between con spaces and rooms! We still love the Executive, though.
- Pool and courtyard! - Need we say more? Oh, Starbucks too.
As we start 2019 at the Sheraton, there are going to be some changes:
- We will not be hosting a party floor at VancouFur 2019.
- Sheraton Hotel does not like to see more than four people per room – this is the policy of every hotel.
While we do not recommend planning a party this year, we will still be hosting dances and panels every night and are currently planning even more activities to make up for the lack of party floor. If we did not believe that the hotel fostered the community’s idea of fun, we would not have moved. We knew changing venues meant building new relationships and mutual expectations between the convention and the Sheraton, even at the cost of some flexibility we previously had.
What goes on in your hotel room – is your responsibility.
If you plan on having guests visit your room, VF Staff and the BCAEA asks:
- Reasonable size - hotel rooms should have no more people in them than can be sensibly accommodated.
- All noise stays at a reasonable volume. Remember, we’re sharing the hotel so be considerate and do not disturb other guests.
Registration and room block is opening on Tuesday, June 26th! We have also heard you from previous years and will be holding a portion of the room block aside to provide an opportunity for all approved dealers to have a room in the hotel!
Your feedback is the critical part as to why we have made this move. VancouFur Staff and the BCAEA are always open to listening to your hisses and scritches. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to DM @VancouFur on Twitter. This is only the start to a new future at a new home and we are fully dedicated to working with our community and our hotel to make this the best convention for you.
Thank you for your understanding,
Rooms in the main convention hotel have now sold out, but rooms are still available in our overflow hotel, located right across the parking lot!
5911 Minoru Blvd
Richmond, BC, Canada
Room Types: Jr Suites - 1 King
Rate: $159 CAD per night
Group Code: VANFUR
Phone Number: 604-233-3990
Booking Link: Click here to book!