Welcome to Vancoufur 2020 Dealer's Den Applications
DEALER'S APPLICATIONS OPEN JULY 21 @12pm PDT
Before the Dealer’s Den applications open on July 21st, we wanted to give you some heads-up and let you know what will be required so that you can expedite your application once it opens! Additionally, the rules and some frequently-asked questions and answers are included below - such as table sizing and pricing, acceptable wares, and more.
Due to high demand, Vancoufur's Dealer's den is a competitive entry process. To ensure your best chance of a successful application, be sure to read over the requirements carefully!
To complete your Dealer’s Den application, we require:
- Your desired listing name as you wish to have it appear for use in the Con Book and Vancoufur website
- Your real first and last name as it appears on your government-issued ID
- A portfolio of your work representative of what you will be selling, with links to any applicable personal website or hosted gallery (Furaffinity, deviantart, weasyl, sofurry, and such are acceptable)
- A brief biography of yourself/business, what you are offering for sale and why we should accept you.
- If you are planning on sharing a table, the real first and last name and listing names (as appears on their application) of whomever you wish to share your table with - they must apply separately and put you in this section as well
- If you are planning on having a Dealer’s Den Assistant*, please specify who. Assistants may also be added AT the convention and will be provided with a way to identify them as an assistant.
- If you require a room in the Dealer's Block
*NOTE: Assistants are individuals of your own choosing (as the table applicant) that may assist you in running your table when you have stepped out or help out in the space around your table to help you manage your wares. Dealer’s Den Assistants are not allowed to sell their own products.
Dealers from outside of Canada should ensure that they are in compliance with the requirements to sell their wares in Canada.
Subletting, or renting out your table at the time of the convention is not allowed. Please apply separately if you intend to share a table and express who you would be sharing with in your application.
Table Pricing and Dimensions
The prices listed below cover your table for the entire duration of the convention. The price is only paid once and is not recurring:
- Full table - 6'x2.5' $120CAD
- Half table - 3'x2.5' $60 CAD
- Corner table - 6’x2.5’(x2) $140 CAD
- Booth - 8’x8’ $180 CAD
Dealer’s Den Rules of Conduct
- Be in compliance with the hotel rules at all times
- Dealers and Assistants must have their con badge visibly worn at all times inside of the Dealer’s Den
- The consumption of alcohol and drugs is prohibited in the con space - including the Dealer’s Den
- Dealers and Assistants are not allowed to handle business transactions if they are under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Wares must be in compliance with the rules outlined in the “What can I sell in the dealer’s den?” section in the FAQ below
- Be kind and respectful to the staff, dealers, and attendees - if they don’t respect you back, contact staff
- Subletting, or the renting of your table is prohibited
- All sales at your booth must be legal in Canada and the province of British Columbia
- You are liable for the behavior of yourself and your Assistants while they are in the Dealer’s Den
Failure to comply with these rules will result in disciplinary action, not limited to warning strikes, ejection from the Dealer’s Den and loss of your booth, loss (pulling) of your convention badge, banning from Vancoufur, contact of police, and potential legal action. Disciplinary actions are effective immediately upon issuance. Appeals for actions will be handled according to convention rules.
A dealer who has their convention access revoked will also be ejected from the dealers den without compensation. This applies to the primary owner of the table.
Assistants who have their convention access revoked will not be allowed to enter or be in the dealer's den for the remainder of the convention, under any circumstance.
Dealer's Den FAQ
How do I apply for a table?
To apply for a table, you need to fill out this year’s VancouFur Dealer's Den Application online between July 21st (12:00PM Pacific Time) and August 12th (11:59PM Pacific Time) through the provided link to Convention Master - the Dealer’s Den application handler. Within 48 hours of submission of your application, you will be sent an email by a member of the Dealer’s Den team verifying that your application has been received. You will be sent a separate email when your application is approved/waitlisted/declined.
Application approval and waitlist/declination e-mails will be sent by August 20th. This e-mail will include your table type and a Convention Master link that will show you the amount due for your table. Dealer's Den fees must be paid within 30 days of acceptance, or you risk forfeiture of the table. Please note that the price for a table does not include the price of registration for the convention.
How are tables approved?
Vancoufur's Dealer's Den applications are reviewed by a committee of Vancoufur staff and community members in an effort to fill the Den with a wide variety of exciting, diverse merchandise. Judging is based on the following criteria:
- Variety of merchandise
- Merchandise available at-con vs. post-con
Preference is given to full-table vendors with complete portfolios depicting products that will be sold at-con, and those with on-theme variants. Having less-common styles and products is also an asset. Selling something that can be picked up at-con vs. only take home commissions and online sales is a plus.
The majority of our tables are filled by the selection committee; if need be, the remaining tables are filled by a random number generator lottery of the remaining applications. The table count for the Dealer’s Den will be adjusted according to interest.
The selection committee will review submissions once received from the time they open at 12:00PM Pacific Time on Friday, July 21st, to Monday, August 12th at 11:59PM Pacific time. Applicants will be notified by August 20th if they were accepted, rejected or waitlisted.
Who is the Selection Committee made up of?
What happens if I don't get a table?
Dealers who do not receive a table will be put on a waiting list, broken down by their panel remarks and time of application. Wait listed dealers will be contacted for a table as soon as a spot opens up. If no response is received within two business days, the table will be forfeited and the next waitlisted applicant will be contacted.
Why do you need my legal name?
We strive to do our best to accommodate every need and concern of our attendees. However, due to the controlled nature of sales and commerce, we require the inclusion of your legal first and last name as it appears on your government ID. Additionally, we need to have it on file should government, police, or medical personnel require it. Your legal name will only be used on a strictly need-to-know basis and will not be shared with any staff members for identification purposes unless absolutely necessary.
What can I sell in the Dealer's Den?
Vendors must sell only items which they are legally entitled to sell. Please be aware that if you have pirated, or materials that infringe copyright in an illegal manner we will require you to remove the items from your table.
You are encouraged to sell your artwork, handmade items, merchandise with your artwork/creations on them, and items intended for resale. The sale of food or drink items in the Dealer’s Den OR Artist’s Alley is prohibited to be in compliance with Hotel/Catering agreements and policy.
We have some firm rules regarding adult material - considered any material depicting sexual and violent imagery - in our dealer’s den for 2020.
- Any material (art, sculpture, and literature) containing extremely violent and/or sexually explicit depictions must not be accessible to anyone under 18 years old.
- Adult material must be kept in closed binders/folders/bins that are clearly marked as adult. Adult material in binders must have explicit portions censored.
- Adult art in progress must be as concealed as possible from public view.
- Dealers are required to monitor their adult materials to ensure minors are not viewing them (please check government issued ID) and must be aware of the persons behind the person's browsing their materials may be a minor.
- Dealers are required to check Government issued identification when exhibiting adult materials. Convention badges are not a valid picture ID and cannot be used to confirm an attendee's age.
- For Adult Sculpture, we recommend a binder of photographs to showcase and simultaneously censor explicit portions. Examples are available on request.
Dealers found in non-compliance with these rules will be asked to rectify the problem. If on follow-up the problem persists, the dealer may be ejected from the Dealer's Den without compensation.
Can I request a specific location in the Den?
While we are not able to promise a specific location for your Dealer's table, there is a section for requests in our DD application. Please fill out this portion if you would like to be sitting next to another vendor, or have specific corridor accesses (priority given to those with mobility difficulties) and we will do our best to accommodate your request. There are no guarantees that we will be able to accommodate every request, but we will do our best.
Is electricity and/or Wi-Fi available?
We will do our best to provide electricity to your table. Please indicate in the online form if you require electricity for your table. There will be free Wi-Fi vouchers given to dealers in our Den; dealers can purchase additional vouchers for a donation to our charity.
We look forward to seeing you at the convention!